Friday, September 12, 2008

Wailana on tiredness

Oh have I been tired. Like that dead tired. I've been sleeping at midnight for the past week or so trying to catch up with work and well - the other day, watching a movie. :o

Anyway.. I was starting to feel lazy for my yoga practice. I was thinking of just skipping my yoga and sleeping! I mean, it's like the most practical thing to do right?
Or so I thought. I did a bit of research, and sure enough, I found a little something
on Wailana's website about tiredness:

Too Tired to Practice?
If you feel tired and exhausted at the end of the day, exercise is probably the last thing on your mind. But yoga asanas, as well as breathing, relaxation, and meditation techniques, actually relieve fatigue, stiffness, tension, and stress. So take your pick, or do some of each. If you practice regularly, you'll have more energy and you'll tire less easily. But if you do get tired, stressed, and tense, you'll have some powerful tools to help you feel better instantly.


Ah. Darn. So there went my idea. Not so surprising enough- I forced myself to practice and hey.. I did feel better.

So the saying is right, that "An hour of yoga is as energizing as an hour of sleep" -Wailana (or at least I think that's how it went.) Kudos.